Sunday, October 5, 2008

Setting

Costco on a Sunday afternoon in Burbank.

I'm shopping with my mom and niece for items for the house like food.

I hear the screeching of baskets rolling throw aisles.
I hear mom my blabbering to herself about her "in-head" grocery list.
I hear kids running around playing and touching everything in sight.
I hear the music in my ear from my iPod, Sucka for Love by Danity Kane.
I hear the multiple conversations of the thousands of people in the Costco warehouse.

I smell my perfume Sweet Pea from Bath and Body Works.
I smell all the different peculiar smells from all these people.
I smell the meat department with all the poor dead animals, which actually makes me sick to my stomach.
I smell the free samples that the Costco employees are "soliciting"to get people to buy them.
I smell the bakery of Costco with all the different cakes, pies, cookies, and other sweets. mmmmm^_^

I feel the handle of this extra tall basket that I was pushing.
I feel the rhythm of my music, which is giving me a beat to my walk.
I feel my heart pounding as I saw something that caught my eye;).
I feel the cold cement in this store.
I feel that lady who bumped me in my bum with the corner of her basket.

I see people as far as the eye can see.
I see tall shelves filled with food, electronics, and furniture.
I see people scrambling for parks closer to the entrance.
I see the Costco Gas Station with lines of cars that wrap around the curb
I see lines of carts waiting for the checkout stand to leave.

I taste the metal on my braces as I lick them making sure there's no debris there.
I taste my Revlon lip gloss every time I lick my lips.
I taste this nasty pistachio cracker sample.
I taste the piece of brownie that was at another sample stand.
I taste the water in my mouth that I bought from the vending machine for 50 cents.

These are all things that I experienced at my trip to Costco. This was very exciting.

1 comment:

Mr. Ewing said...

Very exciting trip indeed! I love Costco. You received full points. Awesome work!

- Mr. Ewing